Nadja Lind, creator of iAwake’s latest release, A Ticket to Glide (In the Flow), talks here with John Dupuy, CEO of iAwake®, about her motivation in creating her latest two soundscapes, “Empowerment” and “Revitalization.” These tracks garnered terrific reviews, some saying they are iAwake’s best, most effective tracks yet. A Ticket to Glide’s two tracks make a powerful duo – the first (“Empowerment”) entrains to alpha and is designed to be a get-up-and-go track for your morning routine, as well as a potent focus aide to use while you’re working or studying. Then “Revitalization” takes care of you with theta entrainment for when you need deep relaxation, powerful release, healing, and preparing for sleep.
Nadja and John’s discussion about the intricacies of A Ticket to Glide spills over into their heartfelt agreement about the necessity of daily practice, the importance of making practice enjoyable (which iAwake® technology helps considerably with), and how the answers do come when you tune into your inner self, helping to guide you on a path of fulfillment and service. There are always gems of wisdom to inspire us when Nadja and John get together!
“Listening to this brain entrainment should be something I want to do—not something I have to do because it’s good for my brain.”
Topics & Time Stamps
- Introducing Nadja Lind, longtime iAwake® Technologies developer, creator of many of iAwake’s most beloved brainwave entrainment tracks (00:15)
- What Nadja’s intention is with the new tracks, “Empowerment” & “Revitalization,” which are combined in the album A Ticket to Glide (In the Flow) (02:10)
- The importance of listening in a joyful way (03:56)
- Nadja’s background in the electronic music world and her healing journey (as related by John) (05:36)
- iAwake® tracks are 50% science, 50% artistry (07:15)
- How these tracks help Nadja and others rewire, snap out of trauma loops (08:00)
- Mystics say all of creation comes down to vibration and frequency, and researchers concur that frequencies physically change the brain (09:56)
- How this technology helps train us to sit still and meditate, and can get us into a state of healing (12:11)
- When entering these inner states, the answers come; and it works best when you connect with your inner self every day (16:14)
- Your whole life becomes practice if you meditate daily on an ongoing basis (20:10)
- How did Nadja come to create these particular 2 tracks? (24:18)
- About theta (Nadja’s favorite brainwave entrainment state) and alpha, and what effects these frequencies have on us (28:18)
- How alpha gets us into flow states, where we can express beingness in doingness: the “easy state” (31:18)
- Nadja also integrated some playing around with hemispheres in these tracks, in addition to the binaural entrainment (33:02)
- The best way to serve and heal the universe is to serve and heal yourself (36:16)
- It’s important to find a playful state in our inner work, otherwise we won’t do it (39:00)
- Nadja’s closing message to the iAwake listeners (42:01)
Nadja Lind, creator of some of iAwake’s most intriguing and distinctive tracks, has a passion for recording ambient sounds and has been developing (and using) binaural beat ambient meditations since 2011, producing electronic music since 2004, and DJ-ing since 2003. Her other iAwake creations include The Universe is Friendly!, Kismet, Re-enchantment, Heaven and Earth, Refuge, BE, Theta Joy, Strong Medicine, Purrfound Meditation, Turning In Ambient Meditations, and Workout Ecstasy Volumes I and II.
John Dupuy is the CEO of iAwake® Technologies, co-host of the podcast Deep Transformation: Self-Society-Spirit, and author of Integral Recovery: A Revolutionary Approach to the Treatment of Alcoholism and Addiction. John travels internationally to teach and inspire on the subjects of Integral Transformative Practice and the use of brainwave entrainment technology to deepen one’s meditation practice and in the treatment of addiction, depression, and PTSD.
This blog was created by Heidi Mitchell, John Dupuy’s longtime assistant and project manager/editor of the Deep Transformation: Self-Society-Spirit podcast. John introduced Heidi to Integral practice and sound tech-enhanced meditation in 2007. Heidi is also a freelance editor of nonfiction books, blogs, and websites. She can be reached at www.heidimitchelleditor.com.