In this warmhearted conversation with Pam and John Dupuy, co-founders of iAwake, Susanne Rose, a relatively new recruit to iAwake’s technology, talks about her practice, and what meditation does for her. With a job in the healthcare system working with the geriatric population, for Susanne, centering, grounding, and being emotionally available are especially important.
Here, Susanne discusses how meditation has not only helped her become a more peaceful, loving person, but also provided her with connection and guidance. If you’re looking for inspiration for your own practice, this is a great place to start.
In this video, Susanne discusses:
- Being able to go to work and give her best — be there for everyone else as well as herself
- How to get out of a funk: iAwake’s HeartWave Meditation
- Susanne’s daily routine begins at 3:40 am
- How guidance comes only in the last few minutes of meditating
- Receiving very practical advice in meditation
- Finding connection inside rather than in relationships with others
- Committing to a better life and a full experience
- Powerful guided forgiveness meditations and how they complement each other (The Freedom of Forgiveness, Profound Releasing)
Susanne Rose is a rehab occupational therapy assistant who works with the geriatric population in Raleigh, North Carolina. Susanne is a seeker, a learner, a big fan of tapping (Emotional Freedom Technique), and has been meditating regularly for thirteen years. She discovered iAwake last March, at the beginning of the pandemic.
John and Pam Dupuy, co-founders of iAwake Technologies, are celebrating iAwake’s 10th anniversary as of October 2020. John, CEO of iAwake, travels internationally to teach and inspire on the subjects of Integral Recovery, Integral Transformative Practice, and the use of brainwave entrainment technology to deepen one’s meditation practice and in the treatment of addiction, depression, and PTSD. Pam is iAwake’s amazing, talented, perceptive, and persevering COO.
This blog was created by Heidi Mitchell, John Dupuy’s longtime assistant and iAwake’s blog manager. John introduced Heidi to Integral practice and brainwave entrainment enhanced meditation in 2007. Heidi is also a freelance editor of nonfiction books, blogs, and websites. She can be reached at www.heidimitchelleditor.com.