How does iAwake technology help the therapist help the client? Get inspired, whether you’re a therapist, a client, a brainwave entrainment meditation aficionado — or anyone else! — listening to psychotherapist Dr. Charles Flores talk about meditation, iAwake’s brainwave entrainment, using the Integral Map as part of a therapeutic practice, advancing current research on the proper use of psychedelics in recovery, and more in this lively conversation with John and Pam Dupuy, CEO and COO of iAwake Technologies.
Dr. Flores’ passion shines throughout: for his work, for life, for healing, for connecting with a wider-than-usual range of consciousnesses — and promoting inner freedom for all.
Here, Dr. Flores explores topics like:
- How brainwave entrainment is especially useful for people not simply looking for enlightenment in their meditation, but who want to get their lives on a better track
- Why brainwave entrainment has people actually looking forward to their meditation, rather than finding it a painful experience
- The beauty of iAwake vis a vis other brainwave entrainment programs
- How iAwake meditation makes a difference in how therapists show up for their clients and in preventing burnout
- Our need to source in something larger than ourselves; connect with other kinds of consciousness to heal ourselves from depression and anxiety
- Why meditation can help us connect with source more powerfully than any drug
- Targeting different brain waves and different styles of meditation depending on whether you suffer from depression, anxiety, or addiction
- How meditation and technology support the integration of experiences with plant medicines or microdosing
Dr. Flores concludes the discussion saying, “People are depressed, anxious, about everything that’s going on in the world…so as we start to slowly come out of this – to deal with the trauma we have just been experiencing over the last few years…we’re going to need the technologies, we’re going to need the psychedelics properly used, we’re going to need all these things in order for people to heal, get well, and to hopefully start making positive changes in society.”
Dr. Charles Flores, Vital Puma/Integral Recovery, is a certified psychotherapist and a state and internationally certified advanced drug and alcohol counselor, who has practiced in multiple settings in the field of co-occurring disorders for 25 years, and directed several multi-million dollar substance abuse and mental health treatment programs in the Bay Area. Originally hailing from the South Bronx, Dr. Flores obtained his MS in Counseling Psychology at Fordham University and his Ph.D. at the California Institute of Integral Studies in multicultural, humanistic, and spiritual psychology.
He is also a professor of Chemical Dependency Studies at California State University, East Bay, and has taught psychology at John F. Kennedy University and several other universities for the past 15 years. He is the new Psychedelics and Addictions Fellow for the CIIS Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research, and is listed in Chacruna Institute of Psychedelic Plant Medicine‘s People of Color Making a Difference in Psychedelic Healing.
John and Pam Dupuy, co-founders of iAwake Technologies, are celebrating iAwake’s 10th anniversary as of October 2020. John, CEO of iAwake, travels internationally to teach and inspire on the subjects of Integral Recovery, Integral Transformative Practice, and the use of brainwave entrainment technology to deepen one’s meditation practice and in the treatment of addiction, depression, and PTSD. Pam is iAwake’s amazing, talented, perceptive, and persevering COO.
This blog was created by Heidi Mitchell, John Dupuy’s longtime assistant and iAwake’s blog manager. John introduced Heidi to Integral practice and brainwave entrainment enhanced meditation in 2007. Heidi is also a freelance editor of nonfiction books, blogs, and websites. She can be reached at www.heidimitchelleditor.com.