Nadja Lind, healer, producer, yogini, and one of iAwake’s brilliant longstanding brainwave entrainment developers, has created a new gem called Refuge: A Place of Peace Amid the Storms of Life. Here, Nadja is in conversation with John Dupuy, CEO of iAwake Technologies, and fellow entrainment artist (and iAwake’s CTO) Douglas Prater to talk about Refuge, the alpha brainwave state, and daily practice.
In this conversation, Nadja, John, and Doug discuss:
- Why alpha?
- Taking refuge in flow states
- Composition’s aim to create a light, welcoming, enveloping sensation like a warm summer day
- Entrainment includes punctuating organ sounds to remind listener to come back to the NOW
- What do these tracks have to do with Africa?
- A passion for recording ambient sounds
- Favorite ways to listen to Refuge
- The alpha brainwave state boosts the immune system, enhances creativity, increases overall well-being
Refuge: A place of peace amid the storms of life is now available.
John Dupuy is the CEO of iAwake Technologies and travels internationally to teach and inspire on the subjects of Integral Recovery, Integral Transformative Practice, and the use of brainwave entrainment technology to deepen one’s meditation practice and in the treatment of addiction, depression, and PTSD.
Nadja Lind has been creating (and using) binaural beat ambient meditations since 2011, producing electronic music since 2004, and DJ-ing since 2003. Her other iAwake creations include BE, Theta Joy, Strong Medicine, Purrfound Meditation, Turning In Ambient Meditations, and Workout Ecstasy Volumes I and II. Nadja’s home is in Berlin, Germany.
Douglas Prater, iAwake’s CTO, is the creator of Stealing Flow, Infinity, Rainstorm Sleepwave, and more! He is an author, meditator, fitness enthusiast, and musician who holds a degree in Music: Sound Recording Technology from Texas State University. Doug is committed to the art of deep practice in every area of life.