Can you allow yourself to become aware of your awareness? In basic witnessing practice, you learn to witness your thoughts, feelings and emotions. The next step is to become aware of non-thought, the bare awareness out of which thought arises. Simply shift your awareness to become aware of the sense of presence that is aware. What is aware of being aware?
Practice of Meditation
- I am new to meditation—can you give me some instruction?
- Why are the pituitary and pineal glands important to meditation?
- How should I prepare for meditation?
- Why is focusing my attention on my “third eye” beneficial?
- Now that I can focus my attention without my mind wandering during meditation, what is the next step?
- What do I do at the end of my meditation?
- What is meta-awareness?
- How does devotion figure into my meditation?
- What does self-inquiry mean?
- I’m going on a retreat—how do you recommend using PMP?
- Taking your meditations deeper
- What is the “third eye”?