Self-inquiry is when you turn your attention inward and become aware of the sense of “I AM” that seems to be aware. From what or where does this sense of “I’ arise? Ask yourself, “Who or what am I?” What, exactly, is this “I AM-ness”?
Practice of Meditation
- I am new to meditation—can you give me some instruction?
- Why are the pituitary and pineal glands important to meditation?
- How should I prepare for meditation?
- Why is focusing my attention on my “third eye” beneficial?
- Now that I can focus my attention without my mind wandering during meditation, what is the next step?
- What do I do at the end of my meditation?
- What is meta-awareness?
- How does devotion figure into my meditation?
- What does self-inquiry mean?
- I’m going on a retreat—how do you recommend using PMP?
- Taking your meditations deeper
- What is the “third eye”?