By placing your attention on your “third eye”, you are sending focused energy (your attention) to the pituitary and pineal glands, which in turn will release neuropeptides, which will create a relaxation response and allow you to move more deeply into meditation.
Practice of Meditation
- I am new to meditation—can you give me some instruction?
- Why are the pituitary and pineal glands important to meditation?
- How should I prepare for meditation?
- Why is focusing my attention on my “third eye” beneficial?
- Now that I can focus my attention without my mind wandering during meditation, what is the next step?
- What do I do at the end of my meditation?
- What is meta-awareness?
- How does devotion figure into my meditation?
- What does self-inquiry mean?
- I’m going on a retreat—how do you recommend using PMP?
- Taking your meditations deeper
- What is the “third eye”?