What inspires devotion in your heart? Is it God, Goddess, Spirit, evolution, “Big Heart”, Love, the universe? Whatever it is, you can allow it to deepen your spiritual devotion and connection to your heart simply by silently repeating, “I am open to receive,” while simultaneously imagining yourself “breathing” Spirit into your heart and your heart expanding. Rather than repeating it as a mantra, however, just repeat it as your heart leads.
This engages you at an uncommonly deep level to not only evolve in consciousness, but to grow in your commitment to surrender the ego in selfless service as well.
Another way to tap into the power of the heart is to allow yourself to emit deep feelings of gratitude and love for the object of your devotion.
Practice of Meditation
- I am new to meditation—can you give me some instruction?
- Why are the pituitary and pineal glands important to meditation?
- How should I prepare for meditation?
- Why is focusing my attention on my “third eye” beneficial?
- Now that I can focus my attention without my mind wandering during meditation, what is the next step?
- What do I do at the end of my meditation?
- What is meta-awareness?
- How does devotion figure into my meditation?
- What does self-inquiry mean?
- I’m going on a retreat—how do you recommend using PMP?
- Taking your meditations deeper
- What is the “third eye”?