When the meditation is finished, allow yourself to sit quietly still for a few minutes, which will allow you to more readily release whatever conscious or subconscious material came up during the meditation. You might want to journal or draw your experience. Drinking water afterwards is important as using this technology can be a bit dehydrating, as more blood goes to the brain.
Practice of Meditation
- I am new to meditation—can you give me some instruction?
- Why are the pituitary and pineal glands important to meditation?
- How should I prepare for meditation?
- Why is focusing my attention on my “third eye” beneficial?
- Now that I can focus my attention without my mind wandering during meditation, what is the next step?
- What do I do at the end of my meditation?
- What is meta-awareness?
- How does devotion figure into my meditation?
- What does self-inquiry mean?
- I’m going on a retreat—how do you recommend using PMP?
- Taking your meditations deeper
- What is the “third eye”?