While my experiences differed a bit with each listen, I felt a profound shift each time. This track took me to another place and left me in a great space after using it. ~ Dave
Theta Power Meditation
It’s not for everyone. Brainwave entrainment for deep, deep practice.
This track is for when you feel the need to meditate very deeply or work on specific issues. It also is very helpful when you are burned out or exhausted. Simply lay down on the ground with a pillow under your head, and assume the yoga “corpse” position—or sit back in a comfortable chair or assume your standard meditation pose. Either way, it works.
Strong Medicine will often produce a hypnagogic state between waking and sleeping, resulting in a state of profound rest and renewal when one is finished. This track was named by John Dupuy when he first used it, for it is, indeed, strong medicine.
Get ready for one powerful transformational entrainment experience!
… it seems that slowly, on the back end, this track does the work of cleaning the soul deep within. ~ Roberto
Listen to the 5-Minute Sample Now
Use of headphones will provide the most optimal experience, but are not required.
To fully experience the potential of this program, please get comfortable, close your eyes, and relax for the next 5 minutes.
Allow the ambient music soundtrack to immerse you in a deep sense of presence and peace.
Don’t be fooled – this is not just an intriguing and dynamic soundtrack –
it is the design and technology infused in the soundtrack that evokes the visioning and relaxation response.
Strong Medicine is designed to:
- deepen your meditation
- encourage relaxation within minutes
- renew your energy
- motivate you to work through creative and emotional blocks
- induce powerful spiritual and mystical states
- provide strong medicine for your interior healing and growth
- put you in a hypnagogic state — i.e., a power nap
01 Strong Medicine 22:22-minute version
02 Strong Medicine 41:24-minute version
Full package includes:
- 2 tracks (22.22-minute track and 41.24-minute track) of entrainment-encoded music
- Tracks accessible on the free iAwake Technologies app for iOS and Android
- Downloadable audio files available in MP3 and WAV formats
- User Guide (downloadable PDF)
- Ongoing support (responsive email, active Facebook forum, FAQs, videos, audios)
- 1 optional CD*
*CD orders are handled by a CD fulfillment company and shipped from fulfillment centers located in the United States. Orders outside of the United States have an estimated delivery time of 6-8 weeks.
About Strong Medicine
To provide a more natural and interesting reverb and acoustic for Strong Medicine, Nadja Lind recorded ambient soundscapes on high quality stereo-microphones in two cathedrals in Berlin:
- The Cathedral of Berlin (in photo) is the largest church in the city, with a massive organ inside. It has a very unique reverb and atmosphere because of its immense space and stone walls.
- St. Nicolai’s Church is the oldest church in Berlin, built between 1220 and 1230.
Each building has a different reverb hall and delay effect—which Nadja used in Strong Medicine to generate a certain spacey atmosphere.
As the CEO of iAwake Technologies, I have had an amazing opportunity to use many powerful meditation tools and tracks. I feel that Strong Medicine is perhaps the most powerful entrainment track that I have ever used. We have found this track very effective for inducing deep meditative states, where thinking is optional, but not necessary, and for renewing oneself when one is feeling tired, stressed, and/or burned out. This is the equivalent of your heavy workout day in the gym. I love it, and I think you will too.
~ John Dupuy, CEO
The Story of the Development of Strong Medicine from the creator, Nadja Lind
I’ve been listening to this binaural drone track, Strong Medicine, for a long time. Initially, I created it for myself to deal with sleeping disorders, sleep deprivation, PTSD, fatigue from chronic pain, anxiety… Due to these reasons, I often can’t find peace and energy at nighttime, so you can imagine how weak and stressed out I feel during the day. My resort has been to listen to Strong Medicine whenever I need an energy boost.
It worked so well for me that I gave it to a few close friends and DJ colleagues—they really loved listening to it and started asking for more. Some use it like I do—when they feel energy-less and tired and can’t catch enough sleep. Others like to use it to stay focused while they are at work in front of a computer. And still others say these are amazing tracks for a very profound and deep meditation. Strong Medicine has also helped me release much stress from PTSD.
This soundtrack includes field recordings from inside both the Nicolai Church and the Berlin Dome. Such a great reverb acoustic!
How to Use
Download the iAwake App
First, download the FREE iAwake App, login with your email, and all your tracks will be right there. You can stream them, but we’d advise downloading them (from within the app) to ensure an interruption-free experience, and to be able to listen offline.
There are many ways to work with these tracks:
- Listen to them as a meditation tool
- Play them while you are working/studying for inspired focus & creativity
- Use for power napping
- Use for inner journeying
- Use for jet lag
- Use for prepping for a performance
- You can listen to just one track, both tracks, or loop one or both.
- You can listen to one track as part of a playlist with other tracks.
- Used with or without headphones – though headphones will produce a stronger effect.
Here are a few simple tips that can really help you make the most of your session:
- Plan to have enough time for your session to be experienced and integrated.
- Make the place comfortable and cozy (use dim lights, incense).
- Do some light stretching combined with a few deep breaths before you begin.
- Drink some water (both before and after).
- Sit comfortably, with your spine straight but relaxed, or lay down with a blanket.
- Set an intention that the session will take you wherever you need to go.
- Put your headphones on, press play, and enjoy! Because these tracks include binaural technology, listening with headphones provides the optimal effect.
- If your attention wanders, gently return to the sounds, your breath, or your preferred meditation practice.
- Played in the background to texture your living space
Strong Medicine is a powerfully evocative program. People’s experiences include:
- “takes the inner critic out to the woods and gives him Valium”
- “strongly state altering”
- “definitely decreased the inner chatter of my normal everyday mind”
- “this track really put me into a present state focus.”
- great “reboot during the day”
- “after only 5 minutes in, I am IN THE ZONE”
- “excellent rush of creative visionary modality”
- “have been listening during programming work to stay focused.”
All drone waves are made from many different layers with separate filters on top. The brainwave pattern targeted in both tracks is theta 4 Hz. Nadja used oscillators rather than a binaural beat application to create the entrainment effects.
Nadja Lind, creator of some of iAwake’s most intriguing and distinctive tracks (Heaven and Earth, Refuge, BE, Theta Joy, Strong Medicine, Purrfound Meditation, Turning In Ambient Meditations, and Workout Ecstasy Volumes I and II), has a passion for recording ambient sounds and developing binaural beat ambient meditations.
Recording initially to support her own healing process, Nadja’s friends and colleagues enthusiastically requested more drone waves with the certain Nadja touch.
Nadja lives in Berlin, Germany, has had a globetrotting DJ career since 2003, been a producer of electronic music since 2004, and is co-owner of the Lucidflow imprint. Nadja is also a certified specialist in Pain Relief Therapy, Osteo Pressure & Fascia Yoga, a certified Energy Medicine Therapist (Donna Eden), and a certified Yoga Trainer.
I loved the pulsing and the apparently random scraping sounds and tapping sounds – these struck me as being like Zen meditation tappings on the bamboo to keep attention focused in the here and now. I was always wanting more when either track finished. ~K.M.
The first two or three times I listened I had a sense that things around me were standing out with more profundity, and the background of silence in my mind was deeper. A pattern on a coffee cup became much more fixating for example. ~ Gregory