To provide a more natural and interesting reverb and acoustic for Strong Medicine, Nadja Lind recorded ambient soundscapes on high quality stereo-microphones in two cathedrals in Berlin:
- The Cathedral of Berlin is the largest church in the city, with a massive organ inside. It has a very unique reverb and atmosphere because of its immense space and stone walls.
- St. Nicolai's Church is the oldest church in Berlin, built between 1220 and 1230.
Each building has a different reverb hall and delay effect—which Nadja used in Strong Medicine to generate a certain spacey atmosphere.
Strong Medicine is designed to:
- deepen your meditation
- encourage relaxation within minutes
- renew your energy
- motivate you to work through creative and emotional blocks
- induce powerful spiritual and mystical states
- provide strong medicine for your interior healing and growth
- put you in a hypnagogic state — i.e., a power nap
“As the CEO of iAwake Technologies, I have had an amazing opportunity to use many powerful meditation tools and tracks. I feel that Strong Medicine is perhaps the most powerful entrainment track that I have ever used. We have found this track very effective for inducing deep meditative states, where thinking is optional, but not necessary, and for renewing oneself when one is feeling tired, stressed, and/or burned out. This is the equivalent of your heavy workout day in the gym. I love it, and I think you will too.”
~ John Dupuy, CEO
I loved the pulsing and the apparently random scraping sounds and tapping sounds - these struck me as being like Zen meditation tappings on the bamboo to keep attention focused in the here and now. I was always wanting more when either track finished.
"While my experiences differed a bit with each listen, I felt a profound shift each time. This track took me to another place and left me in a great space after using it."
"... it seems that slowly, on the back end, this track does the work of cleaning the soul deep within..."